Monday 18 June 2012

THE UPSIDE OF BEING AN INTROVERT






The brief given was to create five editorial illustrations for an article in TIME magazine called ‘The upside of being an introvert: and why extroverts are overrated’. We were free to interpret the article in any way we wished, using any style & medium (keeping the target market in mind). The only limitation was that we had to use four colours.
STYLE & MEDIUM

Considering the target market of TIME magazine (male & female middle aged working class) I decided to go for a slightly more sophisticated- fine art approach . Wanting to be more experimental I decided to use (Marley-tile) printing combined with ink as my mediums. I created one strange (almost alien-like) character to represent the introvert throughout the illustrations, communicating the alienated qualities the introvert prefers. However, I was very careful to reject any negative connotations that are normally associated with the introvert. Instead I wanted to focus on their positve qualities (a main theme being the calmness and balance created in their solitude).

COLOUR

The four colours I chose were charcoal, white, pale-yellow and pale-blue. I chose pale blue to communicate calmness & peacefulness, and pale yellow to bring a sense of positivity to the illustrations and therefore the message.


No comments:

Post a Comment